Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Working hard in Florida

The line-up for the Cardinals-Astros game. Wow, Albert Pujols actually played for the first half of the game.

So here is my motel room work station. They intend it for a desk and computer, but the Featherweight machine fits it well, and the rounded end holds a cutting mat and rotary cutter.


And above that are two of the 12" blocks I made in this set-up while Charlie was doing the laundry or going to another ball game.  I am working toward more "Wonki-ness" in the blocks as I go along.  The sample blocks, made to get the sizes right, were fairly regular until I got to the smaller sizes.  Now I am cutting more strangeness into them as I go along.  I also need to make a total of six 9" blocks before the Bee meets in March, so that is my next task--tho I'm staying in Florida and not going back to Michigan for that meeting!

Tonight I have packed everything up in preparation for another move tomorrow.  We will spend one night in Bradenton and see a Pirates game.  Then on to Ft. Myers for three nights, so I can get the machine out again there.

Sara

Gratitudes:
Pet friendly beach meant that Zeke could come with us
Dolphin was fishing just off the beach
Martha helped me with computer problems

1 comment:

Helen in the UK said...

Love your motel sewing station! Looks like you are getting stuff done, which is great :)