Thursday, July 21, 2011

LRR, Round 3 finished on 4 sides


Finished this round tonight, and quilted the last [bottom] border after adding it.  I wasn't sure I wanted to add on all four sides, so there was an "incubation" period while I watched a waited for direction.  Finally with the change in colors and size, it seemed like the right thing to also add a bottom border in squares.

The top squares are printed on the fabric, so no complicated construction was required.  I liked the idea of having one "regular" set of checkerboards that were NOT wonky to show that this was indeed intended to be a "squares" border.

The other three borders were pieced in a slightly wonky way.
So far the "quilt as you go" method is working well.

--------------

Family vacation without a sewing machine made for little quilting in the last 2.5 weeks.  Now I'm back at work, and hope to finish a new baby quilt soon.

Sara

Gratitudes:

Attic fan to cool house in the hot evenings
A/C in the cars
Eye doctor says no shot needed this time
Family birthday party for Samantha

1 comment:

Julie Fukuda said...

I like the quilt-as-you-go too. When you are done, you are done!