Friday, September 24, 2010

SpoolSpinner Retreat, Part 1

Last week I was away at our Bee's annual retreat for three nights. What did I accomplish?

First, I finished the borders on the Emerald Forest quilt for Peter and Lynne:

Then I got the back put together using extra sunflower fabric, some new green batik, and leftover portions of the blocks from the front:

Those two pieces were then ready to hand on to my Long-arm quilter.
There were more scraps, most of which I had sewn into strips as the occurred. I put them together in a small table-topper or wall quilt:

The next day I sewn together this set of UFO blocks. The blocks were all in a bag together, so that wasn't much work! I did not have any fabric along with me that was suitable for borders, so this was then put away. Hope to get this up to Twin sized.

More in another post!


1 comment:

beth said...

pretty pretty quilts!!