Tuesday, September 20, 2011

More Retreat


I also finished the borders, quilting and binding on the "King of the Ranch" boy quilt while on retreat.  This was made from two charm packs and some stash fabrics.


And here is the back of that one.


I also took along a set of  Fat Quarters I had won about five years ago.  They are all Christmasy and in muted colors.  Not my style.  But they have been sitting around for so long, when I found them I felt I needed to put them to use.  This is as far as I got, there will be three more rows of four-patches around this center.  This part is quilted now and the rest will be added QAYG, but I didn't have backing fabric along with me.


As I left the house, I grabbed a stack of 3" squares that were packed tight in a drawer, so that I could use them as my "leaders and enders" during the retreat.  Here is the stack of four-in-a-row that resulted.


Sara

Gratitudes:
Restful, quiet day at home
Discovered that our dog can howl when sirens blow on the highway
Another BLT supper

No comments: