Monday, September 29, 2008

Fall Chorus Retreat

We had learning and FUN at the Grand Rapids Women's Chorus fall retreat. We spent a lot of time beginning to learn the notes of our new music,

but we also did a little unplanned DANCING while our accompanist played "I Ain't Afraid" by Holly Near.

"I ain't afraid of your churches,

I ain't afraid of your temples,

I ain't afraid of your prayin'

I'm afraid of what you do in the name of your god."

Then we had a fabulous potluck with a table for each of the songs, and appropriate foods. My group had the Finnish table, so I brought Fruit Soup and Dilled Cucumbers. Now Charlie and I are going to have both for several days because there was so MUCH interesting food that a lot was left over.

Maybe tomorrow I'll get back to skinny triangles and finishing another border.

Sara

Gratitudes:

Fall colors are starting

Fruit soup GREAT with whipped cream

Lots of music in my head

No comments: