Monday, September 21, 2009

Doll Quilt Swap #7 received!

I returned from the SpoolSpinner retreat last night, and found this wonderful doll quilt had arrived from Trisha Chubbs in Washington state. WOW! She really did a good job figuring out my special interests. It's black and white and RED, and she used Liberated Piecing.

Look at that two-color binding! Look at that wonderfully wonky log cabin! Look at those cock-eyed flying geese! And the luscious big floral print!


I am thrilled! I have it on the back of one of the loveseats in the living room, the one I am directly facing from my seat at the dining table. I can look at it all the time.


Thank you, Trisha!


------------------------------------------------------------------


Now the first report from the retreat.


This Strip Twist top from last February received a border. I had nothing I liked in my own stash. We are able to go to two quilt shops near our retreat site, and at the first I found this orange with a pinkish red stripe. Suddenly I saw a lot of orange in this top-- so it became a perfect, and bright fabric for the border. This was a quick project to finish on Friday [after the shopping trip]. Probably this will only now be quilted and get bias binding to be finished.

More retreat news later.

Sara

Gratitudes:

After Thursday's eye injection I regained focused vision by 8 pm

All our meals were provided at the retreat--no cooking for me!

Lots of laughter among the quilters

3 comments:

Sandy said...

Love that quilt and the orange really makes it!

cityquilter grace said...

oooh sara! wow, that makes my wednesday morning ZING! beautiful...and i love your zig-zag too....very nice!

Trisha said...

Yay! So glad you are happy with it! It was fun to step out of my comfort zone.