Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Retreat Accomplishments


My first task was to finish this Baby Steps quilt by ironing it, with a pieced flannel backing, to a fusible bat.



I decided on a freeform zig-zag quilting design, with a largish meander in the border. I had the strips all cut in advance for the binding, so that was relatively quickly finished using the machine-sew-both-sides method.






I spent most of Saturday working on the borders for my "Your Way" mystery, that our Bee is enjoying.




Lots of the other women were also working on this mystery quilt: laying out their blocks or sewing on borders (or one and then the other).
.
.
LuAnn had her blocks out on the floor.

.
.
.
.
.
.
Sandy D. used Chistmas fabrics.

And Linda was even at the point of quilting hers.








.
The quilt tops are amazingly different! Everyone really got into the "Your Way" designation.
.
.
And Saturday was national "Talk Like a Pirate Day"--so our attempts caused laughter as the day went on.

.
.
Sara
.
Gratitudes:
DQS7 quilt on my loveseat
Women's Chorus rehearsal last night
Book Group discussion of "The Madonnas of Leningrad"

No comments: