Tuesday, February 7, 2012

LA Quilter works

Catherine, my long-arm quilter, called and said she has finished the Batik Charms quilt, so we are meeting tomorrow for an exchange.  That really lit a fire under me to find what else is ready for her.

The Red and Brown Rectangles has its back all made.

The Double Four-Patch in plaids got bordered and its back made on retreat.

So I got to work this afternoon and made a back for this neonatal quilt from the retreat.

I was greatly helped on this one by an unexpected gift from my neighbor.  She arrived on my doorstep with two boxes of quilting fabric asking if I might use them! I know never to turn that kind of offer down.  Right away I saw that the backing material I needed was right there.
I will hand on a lot of the fabric to members of my Bee or the Guild.

So I will have THREE quilts to hand over to Catherine, getting them on their way to completion.  Hip, hip, hooray!

Tomorrow I have my standing eye doctor appointment early in the AM.  I hope I will be recovered in the afternoon to start packing for our trip to visit our daughter in St, Louis for two weeks.  I am going to take along some sock knitting and some hand quilting.  No machine.

Sara

Gratitudes:

Shorter toe nails
Baked potato and tilapia
Catherine working for me!

1 comment:

cityquilter grace said...

pretty quilts sara...yours always are!