Monday, January 19, 2009

Lots of squares

Last week I presented the first real step in our Bee's home grown mystery. I made these sample blocks to show them that these four sizes are quilte different from each other, and one should take that into consideration when choosing the fabric. Now everyone is to make one block of each size of whatever block they have chosen [based on a nine-patch]



Today I have done some work on a charity quilt in honor of Martin Luther King's Day, as suggested by Barack Obama. I had a pile of 2.5" squares that I was using as ;eader/enders, but now I worked on them full time until 2:00 and I have 30 of them done. I figure that is about HALF of what I need for a neonatal quilt. Our Guild collects those in March, so this is a good time to get a little ahead.
Now I need to cut some more muslin and blue fabrics!
Sara
Gratitudes:
Good farewell service at Holy Cross yesterday
Lead three last communion songs with my guitar
Came home to the beginning of a new life
Lynne made pot roast for dinner

No comments: