Monday, April 20, 2009

Double Delight DONE

I finished the scrappy brown binding last night, and today I hung the Double Delight mystery from Bonnie Hunter on the kitchen quilt wall.

Scrappy light inner border and scrappy brown outer border together make this into a double size bed quilt--so big I had to hang it sideways or it would have drooped on the floor. Other people made more complex borders, but I think the center is complicated enough.

Here is a close-up of the Baroque lines of quilting Catherine used to criss-cross the blocks. I'm not sure if it was intentional, but she used twice as many lines on the Irish Chain blocks as she used on the Rolling Stones blocks. This leaves a pretty big UNquilted section on those blocks.
How shall I fix it? Right now I'm just going to say it is done. And live with it for a while.
Sara
Gratitudes:
100 calorie cookie packets
The YELLOW season of forsythia and daffodils
Sue is here for a visit

3 comments:

Andee said...

It looks great..I just got my top done too! Not yet quilted like yours though.

Stephanie said...

Absolutely love your Double Delight!! Great job! It looks marvelous! My blocks are all done, I just have to sew the darn things together, so I still have a ways to go to get to where you are.

Quilter Kathy said...

Your quilts are just gorgeous!
If you think it needs more quilting you could add in some swirling lines here and there to fill it in more.