Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Kona Stars

I am currently working on FINISHING this quilt top. I took a stack of 5" samples of solid fabrics along on our vacation to Florida, and had this pattern from "More Nickel Quilts" as my second, alternating project...for when I was sick and tired of the first project (Spoolspinners' Mystery).

I made my star points "wonky" with various White-on-White FQs I purchased in Florida. Everything else is from the sample fabrics.

Tonight I sewed all the blocks together in a long rectangle. Tomorrow I will give it a good pressing and then consider whether or not there should be a border or two. But how to choose a color?

Sara

Gratitudes:
Had my toenails trimmed by the foot care nurse today
Catherine has finished quilting TWO of my Bonnie Hunter quilts
Evening walk with Charlie and Zeke

No comments: