Friday, October 16, 2009

Doll Quilts 3, 4, 5

These doll quilts are rather addicting! Once I look in my boxes and find some 3.5 or 5" already-made blocks, then it is the work of only a few hours to put one together and be totally finished. A great feeling. Yes, this looks alot like the first one for this year. But THIS one has a blue border!

And this one was from already-made double four-patches.




Thirdly, simply strips and a bright orange with red polka dots backing and binding.



I also got one more "spacer" border on my Your Way Mystery quilt. Just another white one. I am waiting for the last border fabric to arrive in the mail. It's a Michael Miller black and white stripe that I couldn't find enough of in town.














At SpoolSpinners last night we saw how everyone has put their Your Way Mystery together,









including in some cases the borders.


















It was wonderful!






They are SOooo different, but you can see we were all following the same recipe.


Here are a few more that I didn't see at our retreat earlier:






























Sara

Gratitudes:

A quiet day with no "obligations"

Said a fond good-by to the Summer Sun quilt for the winter

Charlie removed a mouse I had stepped on in the laundry room!

2 comments:

Colleen Lunt said...

Some luck girls are going to have a great Christmas!

dq said...

I am interested in this "your way" mystery. It looks as though each person made the same block in varying sizes. Is that right. They are so fun!

Deana at dreamworthyquilts.blogspot.com