Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Doll quilts 7, 8


I found some 3/4 Square Triangles (at least they are something more than HALF Square Triangles)--already made. So I put 16 of them together into a doll quilt top.
.
That left me with 20, so I made a rectangular doll quilt top. That one seemed big enough to just finish.
.
.
.
.
.
With a combination of stripes on the back.


Now the square top seemed too small, so I added blue borders to that one.

.
The backing is a really wild swirl of colors.
.
On all of these I have made the binding by simply cutting the backing to 3/4" larger than the top and batting, pressing that 3/4" in half and turning it over to the front for top-stitching. It goes really quickly, and seems sufficient for the project.
.
Sara
.
Gratitudes:
.
Some progress with the financial gurus
Quick haircut
Charlie cooked dinner--brats.

1 comment:

Colleen Lunt said...

I love, love, love them!!!