Thursday, October 1, 2009

New phone and hearts

We are joining our son's "phone family" to save some money.
This means we each got a new phone, but had to wait a few days for them to be delivered.


We are also getting rid of our land line. I am going to use the number from our land line on this cell phone, and that takes some time to arrange apparently. Mine was not ready to work for a while.


But now it's working! I could even see that it was Lynne who was calling me before I answered!

I just have to remember to carry it in my packet all the time, and plug it in every night. It's hard to stick with new habits.





Today I finished up the hearts I was quilting on the Strip Twist. They look better than I was expecting--partly because after three of them I made a template!

Next is working on the quilting of the border, which will be simple. The binding is all ready to be applied after that.

Sara

Gratitudes:

Charlie cooked fish tonight (I need it three times a week)

Zeke, our dog, seems not aware he had surgery

Going to a play tonight, "Top Dog/Under Dog" [not about Zeke]

1 comment:

SandyQuilts said...

Congrats on your phone. I don't know if you know but you're not suppose to plug it in every day ... that causes the battery to die before your plan is up. I was told to only plug it in when it's dieing or dead.

I didn't know you could get your land line to be your cell phone number. I gotta check into that as our plan is almost up. thanks