Some years ago at a quilting retreat we all traded Fat Eighths of leaf patterned fabrics. I soon decided that the thing to do with them was to make up Leaf blocks. I analyzed this block and found that it was quite simple if I did it with a consistent background fabric for the alternate leaves.
I found a lovely tan leaf print and set to work. And then I quit. Who knows why? I became just another UFO in a ziplock bag.
As I was packing for this retreat, I realized that the Lenten banner/quilt would need to be QUILTED before I could add embellishments. So grabbed this Leaf Project to take its place.
On Sunday I put more of them together. I now have fifteen blocks, and have used each of the fabrics at least once.
Here is a first attempt at laying them out on the living room floor. I will move them around some more and consider whether this is enough or whether I need a few more. And I may have to replace a few of those triangles.
Throughout the last two retreats I have been joining 2" light and dark squares as "leader/enders". I currently have about 85 four-patches put together from these. When I get to 100 I will be able to make a neonatal quilt from them.
Breakfast with my friends
"Disappearing Four Patch" picked up by other bloggers
Zeke making "dog angels" in the snow