Monday, February 7, 2011

Retreat, Day One


Rumpledquiltkins' Retreat started last Thursday.  After all the packing and carrying and loading the car, and driving north an hour and a half, and unloading the car, and carrying, and unpacking, and organizing my work space .....I sat and stared at my sewing machine for a awhile.  Something EASY seemed the right thing to work on at that point.

My "monochromatic" green top was the ticket!  The two sections had somehow morphed into additional colors with green, so I added more strips of green in the middle.  Then I added some HSTs and hour-glasss blocks for a little visual POP.

At that point the top seemed big enough for a Nap Quilt, about 64" x 76", and the day was ending, so I called it finished.

Sara

Gratitudes:

Dry road surfaces for the trip
Lots of table space for working
Sleeping under "Extra Extra Fancy" for the first time

1 comment:

Julie Fukuda said...

I like the way you introduced those warm colors at the sides. Hope you are enjoying that retreat besides just working.(and glad the trip went safely)