Friday, January 25, 2013

On the Needles


These socks for my daughter are not progressing very fast.  I have plenty of leftover partial balls from various other sox however, so that's not what's holding me up.  Too many free Kindle books that I need to examine!

Meanwhile I fell into temptation and purchased MORE sock yarn from KnitPicks.

First I selected only two yarns, but then I checked the Clearance items and HAD to get a couple more!  With the idea that socks don'tr need to match, I can buy individual balls and mix them up.

Now what am I going to do with that large hank that is not divided into two balls?  Guess I'll have to loop it over a chair back and wind away by hand.  Or find a friend with a "swifter" --is that what it's called?

Sara

Gratitudes:

Hot shower
Cushy yarn in fun colors
Chorus music running in my head

7 comments:

straythreads said...

good idea with the scrap yarn my daughter would love those socks. I love my kindle I read more books last year than I did in the previous 4 years. Does your library check out ebooks? Mine does and that is where to find current good books. frequently a waiting list for popular authors. but free.
enjoy

stitchin' girl said...

Your daughter is going to love those socks when they are done! I don't read as much as I used to....knitting gets in the way of my reading time :o)

If you lived closer to me, I'd definitely let you use my ball winder for that hank.

Mary said...

Very pretty yarn you have in the bo. Your socks look great.x

jirons42 said...

I live in GR and have a swifter and ball winder you could borrow

Evelyn aka Starfishy said...

My Dad is in his 80's and is always very happy to lend me his hands when I need to wind yarn. :)
Nice sock yarn! Cheers! Evelyn

Cher said...

wonderful yarn! just bought a skein today for a hat..it was my knitting class morning.
enjoy your quilt retreat!

Judy S. said...

Looks like you're going to be very busy for a while! What kind of chorus music is floating through your head? We are singing Brahms Requiem in May and I'm loving those earworms.....