Friday, February 22, 2013
I sew the binding to the back side of the quilt and then fold it over to the front. Because of my failing eyesight I decided to use a WIDE stitch, blanket stitch, to catch the fold down on the front. I hold my left index finger to the left of my pressure foot, and let my right forefinger run lightly along on the fold of the binding. I THINK I am being careful and judging the space between the two. I only sew about two inches before I reset everything, but this was the result.At least three misses on each side of a small quilt.
Another proof that my eyes are getting worse. Luckily last night was our SpoolSpinners Bee meeting. I took this quilt and two others that need the binding applied and explained my difficulty to mu friends there. Immediately volunteers offered to get the work done before our March Guild meeting when the baby quilts will be collected. Quilters are the best!
Now I need to figure out how/what I can continue to do in the sewing room. I have one last border to add and quillt on Jose's quilt. I WAS going to make granddaughter Sami a graduation quilt this year. And of course I have a large stash of fabrics and UFOs.
Today I will try some one thing and see how it goes. I'll have to adjust my techniques.
Apple Store employees taught me how to enlarge things on my computer screen
Liz brought over corn chowder
Survived first night of three without Charlie's help
P.S. Forgive the typos please. Fon't think I caught them all.
Posted by Sara at 8:57 AM