Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Floating Four-Patch

Catherine Martin finished quilting my "Floating Four-Patch" and I picked it up today. All batik blocks, mostly from an internet exchange, and more were made on our Bee retreat in September.

I took Gwen Marston's idea for long narrow triangles and made a few spikes for each side of the border--something to contrast with all the squares.

And then I told Catherine to quilt it with something like Baptist Fans. I see some circles, which I don't think you would ever get with Baptist Fans, but I like the effect. It's a little whacky!

I got the binding on this afternoon, so now I just need a label (which I will WRITE on the white muslin backing) and a trip to the washing machine.

This quilt is going to be an auction for the Grand Rapids Womens' Chorus on December 13.


Sara

Gratitudes:

Catherine's work

Enough matching fabric for the binding


Turkey tomorrow!

4 comments:

scraphappy said...

What a nice quilt. This would be a great pattern to use for jelly rolls. The spiky border is a nice contrast.

quiltwithdawA said...

very bright And cheerful great work
dawA

Nanci said...

Lordy, that's one lovely quilt!

Sharon said...

Beautiful quilt! I really like the quilting on it. Congrats on a great finish...I hope it brings lots of $$ in the auction.