Sunday, November 23, 2008

The Second "Whacky Basket" Quilt



Here is the SECOND Whacky Basket quilt our Bee made this year, black/white baskets and colored backgrounds--the one that was for ourselves.
I finished the borders on the top last week and brought it to the SpoolSpinners meeting. Everyone admired it, we put all our names in a box. The winner is the woman on the right, Timmy. She will have to finish it. But I am glad that the borders seemed to meet with everyone's approval, and I can say my part is DONE.
.
.
Here is what the "real" quilt, or "Whacky Baskets" #1, looked like before it was given away in the Guild raffle. These blocks had COLORED baskets and black/white backgrounds.
.
.
As you can tell, we have some expert applique-ers in the Bee. And these borders got lots of compliments at the Quilt Show.
[My borders on #2 were a great deal more simple!]
.
There is an explanation of the method of making the baskets in my post on January 19, 2008.
.
.
Sara
.
Gratitudes:
A sunny day tho' snow was expected
Chicken soup and leftover apple crisp for dinner
Phone call from Martha

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh, they both look fabulous. So colourful.