Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Doll quilt factory

I could enjoy these three new doll quilts from my seat in the dining room during dinner tonight.


This is #4, made from an orphan block. I once had about 20 of these blocks made into a twin quilt with a lovely interlocking design. Obviously I had a left over block, and this is what I did to get rid of it.





This is #5. I had a pile of pre-made 4.5" blocks and many of them were blue, so they got put together. Then it seemed to be too rectangular, so I put only two borders on it. This "counts" as a UFO finish to me because the blocks were all made long ago. Must tell Finn, that's #3.


The back is an orange and black African print. You can see a tiny bit of it in the binding.


And here is #6. I had five of these blocks left from another quilt, and some leftover green single bias binding. Still one more block to use up!

This one has a wild pink and white batik for the backing.




I've been working on these for several days, and there is one more in the wash machine.

So as part of my weekly shopping trip today I went to Toys R Us and bought five more dolls. No pic since I stored them in the trunk of the car so I'll be sure to have them WITH me for the Guild meeting next week.



Sara


Gratitudes:

Rutabaga is not as bad as I thought when I was a kid
[mixed with potato]
Ready for "Show and Tell" at the Bee tomorrow
Funny old dog trying to chase deer

2 comments:

Mary Johnson said...

What kind of dolls did you buy? I have 3 doll quilts to donate but I haven't found a *soft* doll to go with them.

Twisted Quilts said...

Great little quilts.