Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Failed "Convergence"

I found another UFO when I was piecing a back from a pile of 10 1/2" squares. A Convergence mini that I consider a failure. I love the fabrics together, but the angles of the cuts weren't doing it for me.

But I hate to throw it away!

It could be part of the BACK of some quilt. But it could also be another doll quilt.
So I used the accompanying check for the back, layered it and stitched in the ditch on all the seams. Made sense to follow around the golden flowers free hand. Now I am trying to figure out what to do for quilting those pesky circles. Here's a better photo for the quilting, but the colors are off.


So I look out at the lake and see that the Kousa dogwood has turned red and a volunteer baby oak is golden.

Sara


Gratitudes:

I now have a better opinion of the American voters
Cascade Nature parks millage PASSED!
that I have a laundry in my home


1 comment:

Elaine Adair said...

Congratulate yourself for finishing it! It takes a lot of work to finish when one is not pleased with the outcome! (I have a bunch of those ... 8-( )

But thanks for the visit, and when you can, come by to my blog.

Happy Quilting, from Nebraska, USA.