Monday, August 24, 2009

Doll Swap Quilt finished

Today I turned the binding a new way, one demonstrated by Judy Liquidara. After sewing the binding on the front of your quilt, you turn it to the back using lots of pins and being sure that the fold MORE than covers the sewing line on the back.

With great care you sew again on the RIGHT side, in the ditch. And hopefully you catch the binding on the back while you do this!

Well, it worked PRETTY well, I had to re-do a few places. But now I have a better idea of just how far over the sewing line I have to turn it in the back. Should be easier the next time.

Then I added a final line of embroidery to the wide border, then washed and dried the quil--so it has lots of nice bumps.

Here's the back, with some more leftover batik pieces from the long-ago Spoolspinners' raffle quilt.

And here is a close-up of the corner so you can see the shrinkage "bumps" better.

I think it is OK to send to my secret partner now. She lives in TX, and hasn't done much blogging for a while herself, so I don't know much about her.
This project ready for the mail tomorrow
Iraqi Bundles of Joy doing very well [ ]
Zeke giving me company while Charlie is away

No comments: