Friday, August 21, 2009

More on the Doll Quilt



I began the quilting on my contribution to the Doll Quilt Swap #7. First I did some simple quarter-inch-away-from-the-seamline quilting on the colored blocks. Then I outlined the corner triangles the same way, and then the very thin border.
After much consideration, and a break for dinner, I keyed in one of the decorative stitches on my machine. It resembles the pattern on the background fabric. I added two squares in the varigated thread I had been using.
And that's it for tonight. Binding next.

-------------------------------------------

My eye was rough and scratchy yesterday evening, and I was afraid to fall asleep because I might rub it (though they had not warned me against this). However, this morning my eye feels like normal--no pain, no irritation. Now three days of antibiotic drops, and that's all.

We celebrated my continued ability to see by going to the movie "Julie and Julia". Very enjoyable.

Sara

Gratitudes:

Eye is comfortable

Clean house

Salmon and fresh green beans

1 comment:

Sharon said...

Your doll quilt is beautiful! And the quilting pattern/decorative stitch you used is Perfect! Someone will be very happy to receive this litte beauty!