Friday, August 14, 2009

Oh yes, the kitchen

With the chaos surrounding our return from vacation (grandkids, camp, kitchen refurbishment) I forgot to show the kitchen improvements.

MY favorite is the refinished wood floor. It was very scraped under the stools, which now have felt "footies" on the bottom of the legs. The floor is now sooo smooth!


[And, yes, that is a painting hanging three inches from the floor. My mother had it for years and hung it that low because it portrays birds feeding on the ground inwinter. Therefore, you should be looking DOWN at it.]
I am also glad to have the old cabinet doors, which were "alligatoring" as the laminate glue let go of the laminate surface, replaced with new SMOOTH doors. They also have that architectural indentation, so they look more interesting in angled light.



I always buy white appliances, given a choice, as you can see in the toaster and cooffee maker.

And since I was taking photos of the kitchen, here is the current quilt hanging:

This center square is about the only hand applique I have ever done, and it was enough to convince that I never wanted to do it again. I put it into a Round Robin and got back this delightful wall quilt. Makes me think of 40's/50's kitchens. [The hanging place is on the wall behind the kitchen stools.]

Sara

Gratitudes:

Six packages of pesto in the freezer

Tigers won last night!

First local tomatoes with dinner.

No comments: