Friday, February 19, 2010

Finish, not a UFO

Left-over Mountains Majesty blocks, left-over HST borders, left-over fabrics, but not really a UFO. It wasn't even on my list. Sometimes I happen to see some blocks that have been lying around, and, who knows why, I feel the time has come to finish them off. I even forgot about it after I handed to Catherine for quilting. I was very surprised when she gave it back to me last night at Bee.


Today I finished the trimming, the binding and labeling. It's "down the chute" to the laundry and will then be ready for the Neonatal collection by the Guild in March.


I also trimmed this quilt of flannel "waste triangles" which Catherine also returned. This too will need to be bound and labelled, after I do the same to the true UFO Pineapple wall hanging.

Will post a photo of that tomorrow, if I have time after the GR Women's Chorus workshop that goes from 9 am to 4 pm tomorrow. Right now it is in the binding process.

And I have to watch the Olympics, knitting in hand. That takes time away from quilting projects.

Sara

Gratitudes:

Chance to go to Beaver Island Quilt Retreat in the fall
Lots of sun today
Yummy salmon for dinner

2 comments:

Quilter Kathy said...

It's funny how that happens...leftovers call you to become something and before you know it, you have another unique quilt!

Sarah said...

I love how you have combined those "left overs"! Beautiful! I have been seriously indulging in the Olympics as well, and thoroughly enjoying it. :-) The men's figure skating today was great. And Torah Bright winning gold for Oz yesterday was pretty special too!