Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Start of "Emerald Forest"

Despite all the UFO work, or BECAUSE of all the UFO work, I have started a new quilt.

Here are the batik strips Lynne and I purchased in St. Louis back at Thanksgiving to make a quilt for their queen-sized bed in their newly redecorated bedroom. She saw a sample quilt in the store, and said, "That's IT!" The pattern is called "Emerald Forest".

We bought two "jelly rolls" of Hoffman "Green Tea" batiks, and a couple of FQs in additional colors to add into the mix. Also some yardage for the borders.

I have so far made 22 blocks, which look to me like Kleenex boxes! However, they are pretty easy to construct, and I am whipping along toward the end of having 88 of them.
So, one quarter of the way.

Sara

Gratitudes:

Toenails cleaned and trimmed
Leftover chili for supper, yum!
Got all the cutting done for all the blocks

No comments: