Friday, January 28, 2011

NEW quilts!

I have started a couple of NEW quilts -- not UFOs that have to be finished.  I think I was in need of a break from that activity.

Jacque demonstrated the "disappearing 9-patch" routine at o ur Bee meeting, and she had had us bring a pair of already made 9-patches to try it out.  I chose some St. Patrick's day fabrics and made six 9-patches.  After the demonstration, I still have six, so I decided this could be a baby quilt with a few more.

It is all pieced and bordered.  Right now I am working on the machine quilting.



I have been reading the requests for birthday quilts at Margaret's Hope Chest, and when I saw this red and gray football flannel at JoAnn's I remembered there was a boy who wanted "football and red".  I bought the solid red and darker gray to go along with it, and am imagining what kind of two color design I can use on the front with the printed flannel for the back.

More fluffy snow every day is keeping the ground pristine white, but doesn't stop us from our daily rounds.

Sara

Gratitudes:

Warm duvet at night
Australian Open on TV
Mineola orange for breakfast -- so juicy!

1 comment:

Julie Fukuda said...

It isn't even February yet and you have March all taken care of! I'm in awe!