Saturday, January 15, 2011

RRCB Border strips

I worked on the border strips for the Roll, Roll Cotton Boll quilt top most of Friday.  I had two 24 segment strips together from leader/enders on sewing the blocks together, so I had a mere 95 more segments to add.

And some un-sewing and re-sewing to do to create twelve triangles for the corners.  I know, I know, there aren't twelve corners!  However twelve triangles are needed for the construction.  Those are also made.

Next:  trimming all the edges of both the top itself and the four borders.  I can do this.  But maybe not today.

Sara

Gratitudes:

Lunch with Bob and Glennis in Lansing
Kate's soup
Clear roads for the driving

4 comments:

Vicki said...

love your borders. looks like feather boas. LOL

cityquilter grace said...

sara i AM impressed with this quilt and all its pieces. i too love bonnie's patterns but usually don't do her mysteries because i need to modulate the size a bit, most of them are too large for me. and btw, thanks for all your comments on my blog!

beth said...

wow!! lots of pieces and what a fun picture of YOU!! ;) That made me smile.

LuAnn said...

I just love your Cotton Boll mystery quilt. I jumped from the HST step onto the others and now need to finish them so I can put the top together. Your colors are wonderful! Great job.