Wednesday, May 6, 2009

9-patch progress

The 9-patch and hourglass blocks blocks are done, or nearly done. I know I'll be under a few when I get to the end of putting them together. BUT I started the sewing together of the rows, and it's going pretty quickly.

These are all the "same" row, and there will be a different row in between each of them that has the oppposite 9-patch (four dark instead of five). I'm planning 17 rows of 11 blocks (4.5" finished) each.

I need a rather "thoughtless" project because I am listening to the last Womens' Chorus rehearsal on my MP3 player all the time. I hope that if I listen enough times I will pick up the Finnish and Polish language words that I need to go along with the notes that I already know. Plus I never studied Spanish. I've got the Arabic, and we are allowed to use our music for the Japanese. Concert this Saturday with 14 pieces. Woy, yoy! (That's Polish.)


Sara

Gratitudes:

Charlie is back from his retreat
MP3 player
"Am I Kin to Sorrow", words by Edna St. Vincent Millay

No comments: