Friday, May 15, 2009

Four-Letter-Words


This is my Four Letter Word for Tonya (http://lazygalquilting.blogspot.com/). She is collecting words of JOY/HOPE that are in a 6.5" x 12.5" brick. I first got out my graph paper and plotted it out, then as I started cutting and sewing I made some changes. I had the idea that Tonya wanted block letters, not the craziest.

Here is a closeup of the background fabric.

When that was all done, I felt empowered to make My Name for Tonya. She requested these several months ago. This one I felt I could make any way I wanted. "Make it simple" was my thought.


HA! My name also has four letters!

After all that, I had some little snips and sewn together pieces, so I made letters of them. "N" and then "M", and then "E". Could I make a word with those letters? I needed a fourth letter for Tonya's challenge, but what should it be?



So these are both going to Tonya as soon as I find out her address.

[Why does Blogger sometimes refuse to go to the photo posting routine? I've been trying for three hours. I guess I'll try again tomorrow morning.]

Sara

Gratitudes:
Quiet, gray day good for sewing
Cleaning crew came and left
Actors' Theater tonight

10 comments:

kim said...

You are always such a delightful artist with your quilting and blogging. Amen!

Brenda said...

I like the variety of letters here. I don't think there are rules about the letters, except make them legible and yours certainly are. great work!

Quilter Kathy said...

Very cool letters and words!
Looks like fun!

Mary Johnson said...

Love all the letters but your name appeals to me most.

Diane said...

Great lettering! I made the commitment to sew a four letter word for Tonya, but I'm still at the fabric selection stage. How hard can it be to select two bright fabrics? Honestly, I overthink everything! Your blocks turned out just great

grammilou said...

That is so clever! Isn't it fun to design something and have it come out so well?

Anonymous said...

Those are great, you are very talented.

Millie said...

Those are great! Your name panel is terrific! I love it.

Tonya Ricucci said...

your blocks are fabulous! thank you so much.

cher said...

I enjoyed all your ways of making letters-your name is my favorite one