Friday, December 31, 2010

Year End, last UFOs for 2010

Sixteen-Patch and Pinwheels is now finished:



A glimpse of the quilting by Catherine, which doesn't show up on the front at all.  I told her to do a meander, and this was the result!

This is UFO #29 that I finished this year.


And LASTLY, "Difference of Opinion", which is also now quilted and bound:


Do you see the large exclamation point coming down that vertical sashing?  I might just enhance that a little at some time.


Catherine's quilting on these borders followed the geological strata in the batik fabric.

 Bit of the back showing the various pinks and oranges I used up there.

And this is my last UFO finish for 2010, number 30.  Wow, I impressed myself!  My goal was to finish or get rid of two a month.  I wasn't that consistent each month, but I have surpassed the goal of 24.  And, in fact I got rid of some that I didn't count.

I am going to be starting 2011 with 16 UFOs, and only two of those were started in 2010.  I did keep the part of my goal that was to finish all but three 2010 starts.  How on earth did I manage to stick to this idea when I have so often failed?  I guess it helped to put it on my blog, share it with Finn, and even declare it to my quilting bee.

Right now, I'm NOT ready to commit to such a plan for next year!  Finishing more UFOs is going to be in my plan, but not such a push.
Maybe by tomorrow I'll have a plan for 2011.


And on another front, I did finally re-finish the green and purple socks.  The intended recipient chose another pair [I like to offer a choice], so these are now mine, until someone else claims them.

-----------------------------------


Now that these projects are finished, I am back on the next step of Bonnie Hunter's mystery, "Roll, Roll Cotton Boll".



The directions for joining most of the parts arrived this morning, and I have constructed a few of the first blocks.

Because I chose to substitute blue for pink, and navy for red, I think this quilt will turn out to be acceptable to a male.

Sara

Gratitudes:

Soup from Kate made a warm lunch
Going to spent New Year's at home
Champagne in the fridge
Wishing Good Health to you all!

4 comments:

Scrappy quilter said...

WOW you've accomplished alot this year. Great job!! Love the socks.

NorahS said...

Beautiful quilts! Happy New Year from a fellow Michigander.

Finn said...

Great job Sara! Love the new quilts!! The socks look great and what a charming scrap quilt your RRCB will be! Congratulations on such a successful year...30 finishes is amazing, and I'll bet it's more than that! Big hugs, Finn

Quilter Kathy said...

Wow Sara! You are very inspiring! You accomplished a huge amount this past year, even with all the challenges you had with your eyes!
I LOVE your mystery blocks...your colours are amazing!