Thursday, January 26, 2012

UFO progress

The Batik Charms quilt has gone to the LA quilter with the backing.  I have the binding here at home for when it returns.

This was #5 on my list of UFOs for the Judy Liquidara Challenge [finish one a month, according to whichever number she draws].

And the leftover scraps were made into a doll quilt which I finished quilting myself yesterday on my home machine.  It is about 24" square.

Today I put the borders on my second #5 UFO," Red and Brown Rectangles".  I have so many UFOs that I but a second one next to each number on the list with an asterisk.  If I have time I'm going to work on that one also.

I made these blocks last year while we were in Florida.  This is a Judy Liquidara design.  When we packed up to come home, I never opened the package again!  With 20 blocks made I decided this would be a good size for a lap/toddler quilt.

I'll see if I am willing to quilt this at home, or if I want to send it out.

Now to consider what I should pack in a Priority Postal box for the World Wide Swap on Liberated Quilters list.  I'm going to start my re-examining my Orphan box, and the pile of UFOs.  Someone else can try being "liberated" with things I'm tired of.

Sara

Gratitudes:

Day old sticky buns for breakfast
Taking a nap after lunch
More birds at the feeder

1 comment:

Julie Fukuda said...

It looks more like a quilt a week! It is still January and you are on what number?