Wednesday, December 31, 2008

#5 UFO for Finn


Today I worked on the Sixteen-patch UFO, and finally had the binding made, extra wide again, and began applying it to the back of this quilt. And then I turned it to the front and sewed it down by machine there also.

For the label I simply WROTE my name the date and the place on this back square.








Here is a closeup of the quilt motif that Catherine used for the plain squares. At first it looked a little small to me, but I'm getting used to it.
At 4:40 in the afternoon on the last day of the year...out of the dryer came....
my 5th UFO finish since September! Now it is temporarily on our bed so I can enjoy looking at it.

Thank you, thank you Finn for the challenge! I know that I wouldn't have worked so consistently on these without the challenge.

Sara

Gratitudes:
Phone talk with Sue R.
Met the challenge
Good dinner and talk at Kim's

Later: I was reviewing my photo album of "New & UFOs finished in 2008" and I have found that I finished two more UFOs since September! I don't know how I forgot to count them in my total for Finn, but since this is over my goal, it really doesn't matter. I feel good, though!

No comments: