Monday, December 15, 2008

Secret Sister quilt REALLY finished

I am somewhat recovered from my sore throat and cough, and I finished the quilt for my Secret Sister. For the border I decided to continue quilting in circles as I had done in the blocks. It happened that the top of a shot glass was just the right size for this, but I outlined a slightly larger spice bottle for the corners.

And here is the whole quilt, which measures 32" square, out of the washer and dryer, and ready to pack up for the "reveal" this Thursday.

I notice that the blue is more wrinkled than the rest, and I assume that is because it is batik and did not shrink as much as the regular cotton fabrics.

Oh, Charlie reported from the Auction after the Chorus concert on Saturday that my Floating Four-Patch quilt sold for $225. Since I had calculated that the MATERIALS cost me $250, this is not as much as they should have gotten---but people are always looking for bargains, rather than being generous to the cause. Somebody, I don't know who yet, "got a good deal". And I am glad to have made my donation to the Chorus' finances!

Sara

Gratitudes:

Made it to exercise class this AM

No coughing last night

Charlie telling me last night about church

1 comment:

Gypsy Quilter said...

That is a very pretty quilt. I especially like the use of 2 different colors in 1 block.