Friday, June 19, 2009

Summer Sun bound and finished

I ironed the binding in half.

I trimmed the quilt edges.

I sewed the binding on the back, and then over to the front.

And I put the quilt on our bed.

It really should have been washed first, but Charlie is going away tomorrow overnight--and I wanted us both to experience this new summer quilt.

The hand quilting project that I started yesterday is my "Kona Stars" top. I had put this mostly together while we were on our trip to Florida. Now Catherine has machine basted the layers together so that I can try the "Big Stitch" method of hand quilting. I am using perle cotton (heavy embroidery thread) in black, and will outline the patches that are NOT stars. Then see what more, if anything, I want to do.

It's looking rather primitive, only 3 stitches to the inch! And the lines aren't really straight. Guess I'll have to find a way to mark those diagonals. But I think it is going to be okay. However, I'm wondering how long this is going to take me. I spent about two hours on it yesterday and only got this far.



Rain in the night
Ladies wearing hats for a birthday party
Two new-to-me quilting books from the library

1 comment:

Louise SS said...

Let it take time and enjoy the process! And watch lots of old (or new) movies.