Friday, January 29, 2010

At Home Quilting Retreat

Even though I was not free to go AWAY on retreat, I have been working at home.


This project is a continuation of "project improv" which started a YEAR ago, so another UFO to work on-- Pink/Orange Liberated Log Cabins. I have now finished 15 blocks, including this one with a heart in the middle.


After I have quite a few made in a "wonky" fashion, I thought I should make ONE that was a REGULAR Log Cabin. Probably put that one in the very middle of them all to show where they came from.

Oh, yes, one with a House in the middle.

When I had enough, it was time to put them all together with some white sashing and a narrow border.

When I had all the columns made, I thought, "But why have all the columns standing right together? Why not. . . .one column falling away, or tipsy?"

Now that I see it, I wish I had been even MORE daring and made the sashing even more wonky.

I have folded it all up for the time being while I think about creating a backing. Should I use up some more of the pinks and oranges? Use one backing fabric? Hmm.

Sara

Gratitudes:

House is clean
Sudden decision had us out to an "anniversary" lunch at Marco
Getting this quilt top finished

2 comments:

Quilter Kathy said...

WHat a cool project! Each block is so interesting and the technique looks like it would be so fun to sew!

beth said...

this is a lovely quilt top! I love the bright colors!