Monday, February 11, 2008

Another little top


Yes, I am working on the Carolina Crossroads leftovers! Yesterday I put together the five big "Ring" blocks from Bonnie's mystery. They can be combined as a large 9-patch, but I don't know yet what to use as the alternate patch. Still thinking on that one.

Today I finished this one to use up the 18 nine-patches with 5 light squares. It is 26 inches square. I made the binding from the rest of he border fabric. I should be able to quilt this on my home machine. This could be a neo-natal quilt, or if I do a GREAT job finishing it, I could put it in the Small Quilt Auction at the Guild show next October.

Healthy Habits: Low on the exercise this week. Bad weather cancelled exercise classes. Weight loss in the past month = 1.5 lbs. Well, it's not good, but it's better than going in the other direction!

Sara

Gratitudes:

anniversary reception all planned

new-to-me Mary Balogh novel

Charlie cooked steak for dinner

3 comments:

antique quilter said...

Sara,
I love this little quilt.
nine patches are probably my favorite block and that bit of yellow in there , well....makes me happy!
can't wait to see how you quilt it.
Kathie

Mama Spark said...

This little one is adorable!

Jeanne said...

Sara, that is so cute! Nine patches are my favorite block. Glad you are making good use of all of your extras from the CC mystery.