Saturday, December 12, 2009

Mistake slows progress


When I got to pressing my "Poinsettia Stars", they were looking very good, until I opened one up and found this:

Not so good! How can this happen when I only have to do the SAME thing over and over for 48 times? Oh, well, I have ripped it open and resewn it. Now I DO really have 48 blocks that look the same. [Yes, Bonita, it does get a little tedious at times, so it is good to do them in sets of 10 and then take a break!]

I picked a Un-Finished Object [UFO] that has had two different "waiting" periods, and I have made the binding strips and the backing. Now I am quilting it on my machine; since it is only about 40" square, I can maneuver it through the small space of the harp of the machine.

A few more T's to quilt and then the borders.
I'm calling this "T is for Tessellation".

Charlie got to the airport at about 11:30 last night. It was quite a change for him to find 11 degrees instead of the 80 they had in Haiti.

Sara

Gratitudes:
Fun to sing the GRWC program again at MAJIC
Learning about Food for the Poor from Charlie
Met Opera on the radio while I sew.

No comments: