Monday, December 14, 2009

UFO #5 in process

Before Bonnie came out with the next clue, which she did today, I decided I was going to finally make something intentional for my Secret Sister.


These blocks were made maybe two and a half years ago, when my good friend Dianne had a workshop at her house for about twenty of us. We all brought "fall" batiks and black fabric and she taught us the technique for theleaves. [Later she gave us each one acorn block.]

After we had all cut out blocks in half on the diagonal, we had an exchange....so everyone ended up with much more variety than when we came. I came home with enough halves to make 12 blocks.

I am going to make this table runner for my Secret Sister, and then make another for myself.

Sara

Gratitudes:

Exercise class today
Christmas shopping on the internet, almost finished!
Pork roast and Waldorf salad


No comments: