Saturday, December 19, 2009

UFO #6 finished

The Christmas goodies . . . . Mint Melts from Crate & Barrel and I made my second batch of Russian Tea Cakes. The first batch were left too long in the oven, not really burnt but some scraping needed on their bottoms, and then the taste was a little too "brown" for my memories.
Around the baking procedures I finished off this Bargello baby quilt.


For the borders I tried a freehand stem and pointed, drooping leaves. Now it looks to me like Corn Everlasting. But it fills the space adequately and makes me feel more competent on machine quilting.

And here is the flannel back. I caught a few small tucks, but overall it looks really fine-- rather like a whole cloth quilt.

Need to wrap presents now, and make some Rum Balls. Then on to another UFO [or maybe sewing a few blocks together for Bonnie's Caroline Xmas mystery].

Sara

Gratitudes:

Charlie goes shopping and asks, "What can I pick up for you?"
O Antiphon service last night at Dominican Center
Marion McPartland's "Piano Jazz" on NPR

1 comment:

kim said...

Oh what a lovely blankie to be wrapped in - quite tightly to snuggled. Sara you are such an artist! Thank you for sharing your quilts and ideas in this blog. Merry Christmas!