Friday, January 11, 2008

Step 6 begun

Here's my first completed "A" block for Bonnie Hunter's Carolina Crossroads mystery. She posted Step 6 yesterday. We are to construct 16 blocks like this plus 16 setting triangles plus four corner setting triangles. Then another clue next Thursday. I hope my "dark" yellows are going to show up enough in the final product. Well, it's too late to change anything NOW. . . .except a border treatment.

It probably won't take a week to make the required blocks, but now we can exercise our brains to figure out how the rest of the pieces will go together into Block B, and then how the whole thing will be set together. So, back to the sewing room to make some more!

Now for some more UFOs:

Batik leaves cut in half diagonally and re-constructed, from a workshop taught by Dianne VanderMeer for the two Bees she belongs to. I have enough to make 12 full leaves and one acorn.

Pineapples made at a class while I was staying in St. Louis for a month in 2005.I have a goodly number of the yellows all made into chevron squares, but the leaves are a lot of work to get sewn down. Lots of them are cut, but I'm not looking forward to placing and sewing them.

And then Dianne gave me this top. I'm not sure, maybe she got the blocks in the Guild Block Party. She suggested I could use these to be the center of one of the quilts I send to the Lakotah reservation. So far, I'm not inspired!
Hmm, with two pineapple projects, it seems like a pineapple over-supply! But John, Jr. loves pineapple, so maybe they should turn into a quilt for him.


Sara

Healthy Habits: The pool was unexpectedly CLOSED because the school district was starting late. No swimming. I was so bummed I didn't do anything to make up for it.

Gratitudes:
Time to read
Working on Carolina Crossroads
Going to bed early

3 comments:

Kucki68 said...

I love the yellow stars in your Carolina Crossroads, they are bright and shiny.

Helen in the UK said...

I love your Ohio Star block. The yellow looks like it was the perfect accent colour :)

Tracey in CT said...

Those pineappls with the chevrons in them are absolutely adorable!!!