Thursday, January 10, 2008

UFOs, page 2

Another that I started just this past year in an internet Mystery.

24 purple and yellow 9-patches with an additional two rows. I need to figure out how to put them together. An alternate block of the opposite colors? Or just sashing? I guess that's what stopped me; I didn't know what to do next.

This is a 25th anniversary idea for Fons & Porter. I organized 8 gals from my bee to make these blocks in Amish colors and black. Everybody got a full set by exchanging them. I got two sets--one for me (and F&P) and one for the Guild small quilt auction. I got ONE finished, it hung in the Guild show and the bidding was so low I bought it back. Then I sent it to F&P for their project. To my surprize they sent it back--I thought they would give them to some charity. This completely made me not want to finish the second one! So here sit the blocks.
From 2001 or so, here is my Row Robin. I made the row on the bottom with spikey triangles. As you can see not everyone managed to make their row the same length! I have sewn the rows together with something inbetween--black? Again I reached a point where I didn't know what to do next--or maybe a deadline of something else intervened.

Healthy Habits: Our Strength and Stretch group was bounced out of our meeting/exercise room by a union meeting, so we met at a mall to walk. Our instructor even showed up after a while and lead us in stretches about four times during the hour. I had taken my trekking poles and so did not get the ache in my back--but boy did my legs get tired! And this evening my knees are aching. However, I did get in 60 minutes of exercise.

Bonnie Hunter has given us the sixth step of Carolina Crossroads, which is making 16 9 inch blocks out of the 3" blocks we made earlier. And some Setting triangular blocks. So it is now clear that this quilt will have the block set "On Point". That construction is calling to me for tomorrow.

Sara

Gratitudes:
Trekking poles
Esther's retirement party
Bonnie's abundant giving

1 comment:

Kucki68 said...

I just love your purple blocks! How about purple sashing with yellow corner blocks to keep the pattern linked?