Back to the Strip Quilt of Orphan blocks. I had two strips of left-overs from a charity quilt at the beginning of the year, rather poor quality batiks in pink and green. By piecing them together I got the right length, twice.
I added one to each section of strips I had started.
I think these various rows will look better with a spacer in between too, so I added a red strip on the right where my next idea was going..
I had found a basket of waste HSTs from a project of two years ago, so sewed them together into three rows that were a little over 48" long.
The fabric was not really the best for HSTs this small [finish 1.25"], but they were already made! And just another example of scraps I can't seem to throw away. "Some day" I will use them for something. Today was "some day".
So here is the next step in the Strip Quilt of Orphans.
Next a couple of rows of Confetti blocks. I'll check to see if I have 16 of those, or if I have to finish off a few more.
I chose 48" for the width of this top because I think that will cover the width of the top of a twin bed. When I have made the top about 60" long, I will add borders to bring it up to 60" x 72".
Saved cup of Wendy's chili heated for lunch
Winterberry bush showing red in a gray day
Warmth, light, food, good health