Friday, November 5, 2010

Needed More Borders

My unconscious mind had something to say during the night:  "Another set or borders."  So this A.M. I found a medium blue and a medium green fabric to enlarge last night's "finish".  Now it is really ended at 54" x 70".

This is an example of how one project can create more projects.  The centers of these log cabins were leftovers from a long-ago blue and white quilt top.  About two years ago I added the wonky log cabin strips in blue and green.  That was probably on a day I needed to do some "mindless" sewing [and use up some strips and strings]. Last year I had some leftover white strips, so I started putting the blocks together with uneven white sashing, but didn't get very far.

Therefore in one form or another this has been a UFO for at least three years.  Thank goodness I can now release it!


No comments: