The many checkerboards were connected with the large HSTs -- with a wonky star in the middle of where they came together. Below the star and to the right you can see that not everything is really a checkerboard. I used up some already pieced larger squares as well. And a nine-patch is to the upper left of the star.
Here is the whole thing, currently hanging on the kitchen wall. Not bad, I figure; and since there is very little "girly" about it, probably can go to a boy.
For the last three days I have been finishing a top that was started inn a Bonnie Hunter workshop last March.
I think I made 12 blocks during the workshop, and then continued on with leaders/enders. They are all now together, except one which went into the orphan box. I just finished the borders.
Since I started this project earlier THIS year, I don't count it as an ancient UFO. . .but I set myself the goal this year of finishing my new starts (except three), so I needed to finish up this one.
I'm adding these two to the bag for Margaret's Hope Chest. I will drop them off on Wednesday, and they will take care of quilting and distributing them. Maybe I can get one more top together for them by Wednesday.
* Charlie is on a mission trip to New Orleans for five days. Glad he is able and willing.
* Women's Chorus mini-concert last night went well
* leftover pizza for lunch